Sunday, November 6, 2016

Miscellany

First, the winner is Bea.  She revealed that she has discovered the joys of Halloween stitching only recently.  As a result, I am inclined to legitimize her status as a Halloween lover with a reasonable stash.  I have even thrown in a bonus chart in addition to the 10 listed, Stacy Nash Primitive Hallows Eve.  Enjoy, Bea!

I also need to apologize for not participating in the Halloween Blog Hop as planned.  I spent the morning at the opthamologist's office where I was given a needle in the eye - not quite the Trick or Treat activity I had expected.  The rest of the day was spent in dim light with cold compresses and regular applications of artificial tears.


I started my last Halloween project of the year today: Primitive Needle's Follow Me.  At present I've just stitched the base, one side border and a bit of the inscription..

I did finish Hallows Eve which I stitched on Belfast linen in natural Flax, using Pure Palette silks.



7 comments:

pandy said...

I really enjoyed doing Follow Me, it was I think also my first time using silks!

As always, your stitching is wonderful :)

Ariadne said...

I only manage to visit the blog hop today!I hope you are feeling much better!I am an English teacher too! But where is the letter?AriadnefromGreece!

Bea said...

I'm shocked! Thank you very much for choosing me. I hope you've fully recovered - does not sound like a great way to spend a day.

Stitchinowl said...

Nice finish!

Congrats to Bea! Be careful now that you have started to enjoy stitching Halloween designs. It's addicting. :)
Carolyn

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations to Bea, I'm so happy I was able to help with her conversion to Spooky stitching too!
Sorry you couldn't take part in the hop, I just added your letter to the list of links.

Kaisievic said...

Ouch about the eye! I hope that all is good now.

Julie said...

Congrats to Bea on her win
I hope your eye is much better now after the treatment